Module 9: Introduction to parameter and action extension points
This module explores the capabilities of CARMA extension points in providing customization to parameters and actions that are associated with a custom action on a particular RAM.
Learning objectivesAfter completing the lessons in this module you should be able to:
- Create an Eclipse plug-in project
- Create and define
- Create and develop the necessary classes to add the enhanced functionality to the custom actions
- Run and debug the plug-in project
- Understand the end-result in the plug-in project of using each of the extension points
Time requiredThis module should take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
PrerequisitesTo successfully complete the lessons in this module, you should have:
- Access to modify the Sample PDS RAM on your host system or a systems administrator who can do this for you
- Basic understanding of RAM Development, found in the CARMA Developer's Guide
- Basic understanding of C coding and debugging is recommended
- Experience submitting JCL jobs to REPRO files