Work with the sample code
About this task
You are now ready to create the z/OS® Project and MVS™ subproject, create a property group, and set the build options.
- From the Developer for z/OS workspace File menu, click .
- Expand z/OS Development and select z/OS Project and click Next.
- On the z/OS Project Name window, type SampleProject in the Project name field and select Create an MVS subproject. Click Finish.
- On the MVS Subproject Name and Location window,
complete the following fields and then click Finish.
- SubProject Name
- Type RemoteCOBOLSample.
- High-level Qualifier
- Use the default value which is the user ID with which you logged on to the remote system.
- Property Group
- Click Create a property group and associate it with the subproject. Specify a property group name in the name field and click Finish.
- The Property Group Editor opens and you can
define the build options for the new property group:
- Click the COBOL tab and then click Procedures and Steps.
- Expand the ELAXFCOC procedure and double-click COBOL to edit the COBOL step. Make sure your specified data set names were created or replace them with existing ones.
- Click the Link tab and then click Procedures and Steps.
- Expand the ELAXFLNK procedure and double-click LINK to edit the LINK step. Make sure the Load module location data set has been created, or replace the data set with an existing one.
- Click the Run tab and expand
the ELAXFG0 procedure. Copy and paste the following
JCL into the Additional JCL text box.
//SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=* //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* //SYSIN DD * Ben Q /* //
- Click the JCL tab in the property
group editor. Verify that the default JOB card includes a PROCS statement
and that the PROCS statement points to the procedure library on the
remote system. If you do not know the location of the procedure library, ask your system administrator.
- Close and save the new property group.
- Add the <HLQ>.REMOTE.COBOL partitioned
data set to the RemoteCOBOLSample subproject:
You can now build and run the application on the remote system.
- Select the data set in the Remote Systems view.
- Right-click and select Add to Subproject.
- Type or select the subproject name and click Finish.
- In the RemoteCOBOLSample subproject, right-mouse click STARTAPP.cbl and click Nominate as Entry Point.
- Right-mouse click RemoteCOBOLSample and then click Rebuild Subproject.
- Select the generated load module, and click to run the application.