PLACE ORDER operation
This operation places an order for a single item. If the required quantity is not available a message is returned to the user. If the order is successful, a call is made to the Stock Manager informing it what item has been ordered and the quantity ordered.
- A string that identifies the operation. For the PLACE ORDER operation,
the string contains '
- An 8-character user ID which the application uses for dispatch and billing.
- An 8-character department ID which the application uses for dispatch and billing.
- The reference number of the item to be ordered.
- The number of items required.
- A human readable string, containing '
ORDER SUCCESSFULLY PLACED'.