Lesson 1: Define the extensions and dependencies for the plug-in project
This lesson guides you through defining extension points,
including dependencies, creating an extension to the plug-in, and
Activator class to customize the menu
About this task
- Project Name:
- ID: com.ibm.carma.plugin.disable.programatically
- Name: CARMA_Modify_Actions Plug-in
To define the extensions and dependencies for your plug-in project:
- Make sure that you are in the Plug-in Development perspective.
- In the Package Explorer view, right
com.ibm.carma.plugin.disable.programatically, your plug-in project, and select PDE Tools > Open Manifest. The Plug-in Editor opens.
- From the list of tabs at the bottom of the Plug-in Editor, select Extensions.
- Click the Add button on the Extensions page.
- In the New Extension dialog box that opens, type the extension name, org.eclipse.ui.startup in the Extension Point filter text field.
- When this extension appears in the panel below, select it, and click Finish. You will see the extension appear in the panel of the Extension page of the Plug-in Editor.
- You do not need to specify any attributes to this extension. Adding this extension just tells Eclipse to run your plug-in when the workbench starts up.
- While you are still in the Plug-in Editor, you should also add the dependencies that the plug-in needs. To do this, select the Dependencies tab from the bottom menu of tabs.
- In the left panel, Required Plug-ins,
com.ibm.carma.uiis listed. If it is not, click Add, and filter for the particular plug-in. Select it, and click Finish.