Requirements and checklist
You need the assistance of a security administrator and a TCP/IP administrator to complete this customization task, which requires the following resources and special customization tasks:
- LPA data set
- Various PARMLIB updates
- Various PROCLIB updates
- Various security software updates
- Various TCP/IP ports for internal and client-host communication
To verify the installation and to start using Developer for z/OS® at your site, do the following tasks. Unless otherwise indicated, all tasks are mandatory.
- Create customizable copies of samples and create the work environment for Developer for z/OS. For details, see Customization setup.
SYS1.PARMLIBdefinitions. For details, see PARMLIB changes.
SYS1.PROCLIBprocedures. For details, see PROCLIB changes.
- Update security definitions. For details, see Security definitions.
- Customize z/OS Explorer configuration files. For details, see rse.env, the z/OS Explorer configuration file.
- Customize Developer for z/OS configuration files. For details, see zee.env, the environment configuration file.