Product enablement in IFAPRDxx
- IBM Z® and Cloud Modernization Stack (program number 5900-A8N)
- The client enhances the functionality provided by z/OS Explorer. Activation of client features is managed by the client.
- IBM Developer for z/OS (program number 5724-T07)
- The Developer for z/OS client enhances the functionality of the Eclipse client provided by provided by IBM Wazi for Red Hat® CodeReady Workspaces. Activation of client features is managed by the client.
- IBM Developer for z/OS Enterprise Edition (program number 5755-A05)
- The Developer for z/OS Enterprise Edition provides the same Eclipse client functionality as Developer for z/OS. However, activation of client features is managed by the host, and this product provides additional debug related capabilities, such as a 3270 interface, and additional clients.
- IBM Application Delivery Foundation for z Systems® (program number 5755-A01)
- Application Delivery Foundation for z/OS provides Developer for z/OS Enterprise Edition, which is described earlier, combined with other products useful for z/OS application development activities.
Products to be enabled on z/OS are defined
PROD=xx in the
IEASYSxx parmlib member to specify which
IFAPRDxx parmlib member
should be used during IPL.
The Developer for z/OS host components will attempt to register using the following order of product definitions. The process stops on the first successful registration.
PRODUCT OWNER('IBM CORP') NAME('IBM APP DLIV FND') ID(5755-A01) VERSION(*) RELEASE(*) MOD(*) FEATURENAME(*) STATE(ENABLED)
PRODUCT OWNER('IBM CORP') NAME('IBM IDz EE') ID(5755-A05) VERSION(*) RELEASE(*) MOD(*) FEATURENAME(*) STATE(ENABLED)
PRODUCT OWNER('IBM CORP') NAME('IBM IDz') ID(5724-T07) VERSION(*) RELEASE(*) MOD(*) FEATURENAME(*) STATE(ENABLED)
PRODUCT OWNER('IBM CORP') NAME('IBM Wazi Code') ID(5900-A8N) VERSION(*) RELEASE(*) MOD(*) FEATURENAME(*) STATE(ENABLED)
IFAPRDxxparmlib member is updated, it can be activated dynamically (until the next IPL) with the following console command:
- FEL-RSED (for RSE daemon in z/OS Explorer Extensions, FMID HHOPxxx)
- AKG-CC (for Code Coverage in z/OS Source Code Analysis, FMID HAKGxxx)
- AKG-CR (for Code Review in z/OS Source Code Analysis, FMID HAKGxxx)
A product that is not defined in
IFAPRDxx, or defined with
STATE(NOTDEFINED) will not be selected for
registration. If none of the documented products is defined in
z/OS Explorer Extensions will only provide
basic services for clients with a valid activation token.
IFAPRDxx, define the new product as described before, and update the old product with
- Activate the update with operator command
- Restart the RSED server to pick up the change.
- You can now safely remove the old product definition from
IBM advises against defining
entries that have
ID(*) fields, because this will
result in ALL z/OS applications that utilize product
registration to find a match on the first test, and adhere to the related
z/OS Explorer Extensions with
STATE(ENABLED), this means that the application will register as IBM Application Delivery Foundation for z Systems (product code 5755-A01).