WebSphere® Portal includes a number of solutions to help you understand how visitors use your site, including server-side analytics and client-side analytics. Client-side analytics is also called active site analytics.
- Measure the success of your portal site.
- Predict the demand to a portal in the future.
- Plan for changing site visitor needs.
Active site analytics
Through active site analytics (client-side) WebSphere Portal makes it easier to collect, process, and report on your site usage. Integration with leading web analytics products is easy. For example, Coremetrics page view tags are immediately available on pages in your site. In addition to integration with Coremetrics, you can also integrate with other web analytics tools such as, Unica, Omniture, and Webtrends.
- Captures visitor behavior data directly from the web browser to ensure that every action is recorded.
- Dynamically accommodates all content changes to the site so adding a page, product, or category typically requires no tag maintenance.
- Creates a comprehensive record of visitor interactions and clients also do not have to pre-define segments, visitor events, campaigns, or categories for analysis.
You can analyze web analytics reports in context, without switching to an external tool. This capability is called overlay reports. Overlay reports provide a quick look at the success of a page, portlet, or web content. Overlay reports are immediately available for Coremetrics, but you can extend that capability to other analytics tools.
Using server-side analytics, you can gather information about page and site visitor management activities, site visitor page and portlet requests, and session activities. Page and visitor management activities include creating, reading, updating, and deleting. Session activities include login, logout, timeouts, and login failures.