Connecting Tableau to a Db2 database
These instructions explain how to connect Tableau to the a Db2® database and apply to Tableau Desktop version 8.x, but you can use similar steps for other Tableau tools.
Before you begin
Before you can connect to your database, you must carry out the following steps:
- In Tableau Desktop, open the window or page in your tool that is used to define a database connection.
- From the start page, click Connect to data.
- From the Data Sources list, select the data source or driver to use for your database connection. In the On a server section of the list, select IBM DB2.
- From the IBM DB2 Connection window,
enter the connection information by using the following table.
Tableau field a Db2 connections information field Step 1: Enter a server name Host name Step 2: Port Port number Step 3: Enter a database on the server Database name Username User ID Password Password
- Click Connect to establish the connection. Tableau offers several options for connecting to your data. To make full use of the Db2 database, choose the Connect Live option.