Setting up notification and contact lists
For your Db2® database product to contact you or others regarding the status of your databases, set up notification and contact lists. If you did not do this during the Db2 database product installation, you can manually set up these lists.
To set up notification and contact lists:
- Log on as the instance owner or a user with SYSADM authority.
- If the SMTP server was not specified during the installation
process, you can configure it manually using the following command:
where host1 represents the TCP/IP host name for the SMTP server used for email notification.
db2 update admin cfg using smtp_server host1
If you want the contact information to be located on a remote Db2 administration server
(DAS), you can specify the contact_host parameter using the following
where host2 represents the TCP/IP host name where the DAS is running. If the contact_host parameter is not specified, the DAS assumes the contact information is local.
db2 update admin cfg using contact_host host2
- Turn on the scheduler using the following command:
db2 update admin cfg using sched_enable on
- For these changes to take effect, restart the DAS use the
db2admin stop db2admin start
- To make changes to the contact list, issue the UPDATE HEALTH NOTIFICATION CONTACT LIST command.