Making the code directory available to all thin client workstations (Windows)
To load the required code from the code server, each of the target thin client workstations must be able to read the directory where the IBM® Data Server Client source code is installed.
To make the code directory available to all thin client workstations (in read mode) using Windows as an example:
- On the code server, start Windows Explorer.
- Select the directory on the code server that will be used to serve thin client workstations. For this example, select the d:\sqllib directory to set up the share.
- Select from the menu bar.
- Click the Sharing tab.
- Click the Shared This Folder radio button.
- In the Share Name field, enter a share name that is eight characters or fewer. For example, enter NTCODESV.
- Provide read access to the code directory to all thin client
- Click Permissions. The Share Permissions window opens.
- In the Group or Users Name list,
highlight the Everyone group. Note: You can give access to the Everyone group, to a group that you have specifically defined for thin client users, or to individual thin client users.
- Select Read.
- Click OK until all windows are closed.