Verifying the installation using the command line processor (CLP)
You can verify the installation by creating the SAMPLE database and running SQL commands to retrieve sample data.
Before you begin
- The SAMPLE database component, found in the features selection, must be installed on your system and is included in a typical installation.
- You require a user with SYSADM authority.
To verify the installation:
- Log on to the system as a user with SYSADM authority.
- Start the database manager by entering the db2start command.
- Enter the db2sampl command to create
This command can take a few minutes to process. There is no completion message; when the command prompt returns, the process is complete.
SAMPLEdatabase is automatically cataloged with the database alias
SAMPLEwhen it is created.
- Connect to the
SAMPLEdatabase, retrieve a list of all the employees that work in department 20, and reset the database connection. Enter the following commands from the command line processor (CLP):
The output should be similar to the following:
connect to sample select * from staff where dept = 20 connect reset
ID NAME DEPT JOB YEARS SALARY COMM ---- --------- ------ ----- ------ -------- --------- 10 Sanders 20 Mgr 7 98357.50 - 20 Pernal 20 Sales 8 78171.25 612.45 80 James 20 Clerk - 43504.60 128.20 190 Sneider 20 Clerk 8 34252.75 126.50 4 record(s) selected.
What to do next
SAMPLEdatabase to free up disk space. Enter the db2 drop database sample command to drop the