Validating a GDPC through testing
Geographically dispersed Db2® pureScale® cluster (GDPC) ensures that the cluster is running if a total site failure were to happen at a site. There are multiple tests that can be run to ensure that GDPC is running properly.
- Soft member failure – kill -9 of the db2sysc process.
- Soft cluster cache facility (CF) failure, primary or secondary – kill -9 of the ca-server process.
- Hard member failure – reboot of the member LPAR.
- Hard CF failure, primary or secondary – reboot of the CF LPAR.
- Storage shutdown at one site.
- Shutdown of the tiebreaker site.
- Pull the cable for the private network over where member-to-CF communicate (either over IB, or using RoCE or TCP/IP) from one site.
- Shutdown the IB or RoCE switch at one site.
- Pull the Ethernet cable at one site.
- If you are using IB, shutdown the longbow at one site.
- Site failure – shutdown the LPARs, switches, Longbow, and storage at one site to simulate a total site failure.
Note that there are variations of site failure. The type of failure depends on whether the failed site is the IBM® Spectrum Scale cluster manager, the file system manager, the RSCT group leader, the TSA master, or if it is the primary or secondary CF