Db2 native encryption
Db2 native encryption provides a built-in encryption capability to protect database backup images and key database files from inappropriate access while they are at rest on external storage media.
Encryption is a key component in the protection of offline data. Many government regulations and industry standards require its use.
- simple deployment
- does not require changes to the data schema or database applications
- free use on all supported Db2 platforms and configurations.
- All table spaces (both system-defined and user-defined)
- All types of data in a table space (including LOB and XML data types)
- All transaction logs, including archived log files
- LOAD COPY data
- LOAD staging files