Specifying which optimization profile the optimizer is to use
Use the OPTPROFILE bind option to specify that an optimization profile is to be used at the package level, or use the CURRENT OPTIMIZATION PROFILE special register to specify that an optimization profile is to be used at the statement level.
This special register contains the qualified name of the optimization profile used by statements that are dynamically prepared for optimization. For CLI applications, you can use the CURRENTOPTIMIZATIONPROFILE client configuration option to set this special register for each connection.
- The OPTPROFILE bind option applies to all static statements, regardless of any other settings.
- For dynamic statements, the value of the CURRENT OPTIMIZATION
PROFILE special register is determined by the following, in order
of lowest to highest precedence:
- The OPTPROFILE bind option
- The CURRENTOPTIMIZATIONPROFILE client configuration option
- The most recent SET CURRENT OPTIMIZATION PROFILE statement in the application