intra_parallel - Enable intrapartition parallelism configuration parameter
This parameter specifies whether or not database connections will use intrapartition query parallelism by default.
- Configuration type
- Database manager
- Applies to
- Database server with local and remote clients
- Database server with local clients
- Partitioned database server with local and remote clients
- Parameter type
- Default [range]
- NO (0) [SYSTEM (-1), NO (0), YES (1)]
A value of YES enables intrapartition query parallelism. A value of NO disables intrapartition query parallelism.
A value of SYSTEM causes the parameter value to be set to YES or NO based on the hardware on which the database manager is running. If the number of logical CPUs on the system is > 1, when the value is set to SYSTEM, intrapartition query parallelism is enabled.
- Note: The default value is subject to change by the Db2® Configuration Advisor after initial database creation.
- Parallel index creation does not use this configuration parameter.
- If you change this parameter value, packages might be rebound to the database, and some performance degradation might occur.
- The intra_parallel setting can be overridden in an application by a call to the ADMIN_SET_INTRA_PARALLEL procedure. Both the intra_parallel setting and the value set in an application by the ADMIN_SET_INTRA_PARALLEL procedure can be overridden in a workload by setting the MAXIMUM DEGREE attribute in a workload definition.