Extracting fix packs (Windows)
Fix pack installation images on the FTP site are in compressed format. Before you can install a fix pack, you must extract the fix pack installation image in a temporary directory.
Before you begin
- If you have more than one Db2® database product installed in a single Db2 copy, you must download and extract all of the corresponding product-specific fix packs.
- If you plan to install the fix pack in silent mode, all of the fix pack images must be extracted into subdirectories under the same parent directory.
- If you plan to install the fix pack using the Db2 Setup wizard, the setup command detects the other installed Db2 database products. If all of the fix pack images for your Db2 database products are extracted into subdirectories under the same parent directory, the setup command automatically starts installing the fix pack for all Db2 database products without prompting you. If the fix pack product images are extracted into different directories, the setup command detects the other installed Db2 database products and prompts you for each directory path.
To extract a fix pack installation image, perform the following steps:
- Change to the directory where you have downloaded the fix pack installation image.
- Double click the self-extracting .exe file. The WinZip Self Extractor window opens.
- Select a folder to contain the extracted files.
- Click "Unzip". All files are extracted to the specified folder.