Methods for accessing event monitor information
Depending on the type of event monitor that you are using and the type of output it generates, there are different options for accessing and viewing event monitor data.
- Data produced by table event monitors can be queried directly using SQL.
- Data from event monitors that write to pipes can be viewed as it is produced.
- Data from file event monitors can be viewed by opening the output file after the event monitor is deactivated.
- Data from both file and pipe event monitors can also be formatted into a report using the db2evmon command.
- Data written to UE tables must be post-processed before it can be examined. UE event monitor data can be converted to tables or to XML, which makes it possible to query the data using SQL or XML query techniques. Alternatively, you can format the data in a UE table into a formatted report without going through a conversion process.
The sections that follow describe the different ways you can access information produced by event monitors.