An overview of installing Db2 database servers (Windows)
This topic outlines the steps for installing your Db2 server product on Windows.
To install your Db2 server product:
- Review your Db2 database product prerequisites.
- Review Db2 database upgrade information if applicable.
- Download an installation image and extract the file.
Install your Db2 database product
You can use the Db2 Setup wizard to perform installation and configuration tasks, such as:
- the Db2 Setup wizard.
- a silent installation with a response file.
- Selecting Db2 database installation type (typical, compact, or custom).
- Selecting Db2 database product installation location.
- Setting up IBM® SSH Server for Windows
- Installing the languages that you can specify later as the default language for the product interface and messages.
- Setting up Db2 Extended Security.
- Setting up a Db2 instance (including instance user setup. By default, it is same as the DAS user).
- Setting up the Db2 Administration Server (including DAS user setup).
- Setting up the Db2 Text Search server.
- Setting up Administration contact and health monitor notification.
- Setting up and configuring your instance setup and configuration (including instance user setup).
- Preparing the Db2 tools catalog.
- Specifying the Db2 Information Center port.
- Creating response files.
- Installing additional products.