CfgRefreshInterval IBM data server driver configuration keyword
Any changes to the other keywords have no effect and the initial values, which are specified when the application is first initialized, holds good.
- Equivalent CLI keyword
- Equivalent IBM® data server provider for .NET connection string keyword
- IBM data server driver configuration file (db2dsdriver.cfg) syntax
<parameter name=”CfgRefreshInterval” value=”0|1|5|positive integer”/>
- Default setting
- The default is 0, which implies that all of the configuration keywords are read only from the db2dsdriver.cfg file when the application is first initialized. Hence the initial value, which is specified to StopServiceabilityTracing, holds good.
- Equivalent connection attribute
- Usage notes
- Setting this keyword before the application is initialized allows you to dynamically reread the
db2dsdriver.cfg file within n seconds.Note: If you set this keyword while the application is running, it will have no effect. For this keyword to take effect, it must be set before the application is initialized.
The following keyword values are reread dynamically from db2dsdriver.cfg if this keyword is set: StopServiceabilityTracing and db2DumpSQLCodes. No other configuration keywords will be reread.
When CfgRefreshInterval is set to a nonzero positive integer value, a thread is created to monitor db2dsdriver.cfg file. After every time interval specified by this keyword, the above mentioned keywords will be reread from value will be reread from db2dsdriver.cfg file. E.g. StopServiceabilityTracing value will be reread from db2dsdriver.cfg file to either dynamically stop or start the serviceability log depending on the value it is set to. The applications that are connected to the database need to be multithread safe, otherwise the application might behave in an unexpected manner.