Installation requirements for Db2 database products
Before you install your Db2 database product, ensure that the system you choose meets the necessary operating system, hardware, software, communications, disk, and memory requirements. The db2prereqcheck command checks whether your system meets the prerequisites for the installation. For more information, see topic Checking installation prerequisites with db2prereqcheck.
- Disk and memory requirements
- The disk space that is required for your product depends on the type of installation you choose and the type of file system you have. Likewise, memory requirements are affected by the size and complexity of your database system.
- IBM Db2 pureScale® Feature
- There is a list of operating system, software, hardware, and firmware prerequisites that must be met for each operating system, as follows:
- Diagnostic Tools
- Essential commands for troubleshooting and performance monitoring:
- Db2 database and IBM data server client products
- For the most up-to-date installation requirements for Db2 database products, see the Db2 system requirements techdoc. For additional installation considerations for each operating system, refer to the following topics:
- Note: The minimum screen resolution that is required for a successful installation is 800 pixels by 600 pixels.
- Installation requirements for Db2 Connect products
- For the most up-to-date installation requirements for Db2 Connect products, see the Db2 Connect system requirement techdoc. For additional installation considerations for each operating system, refer to the following topics:
- Java software support for Db2 database products
- You require the appropriate level of IBM Software Development Kit (SDK) for Java to use Java tools and to create and run Java applications, including stored procedures and user-defined functions.
- Virtualization support
- For details about virtualization technology that is supported by Db2 products, see Db2 Virtualization.
- Installation requirements for Db2 Spatial Extender
- Installation requirements for InfoSphere® Federation Server products
- Hardware and software requirements for Replication Server or Data Event Publisher at ../../com.ibm.swg.im.iis.prod.install.core.doc/topics/iiypisrq-sys.html