Installing offline fix packs to add Db2 database products (Linux® and UNIX)
You can install offline fix packs to add a Db2 database product or add more products to the same installation path at a particular fix pack level.
Before you begin
- Perform all of the necessary tasks before installing a fix pack. Refer to Preparing to install a fix pack.
- If you want to install a new Db2 database product with
national languages enabled, you must obtain the national language fix pack in addition to either an
individual fix pack or a universal fix pack. National language fix packs cannot be used alone.
For example, to install a Db2 database product with non-English support, download the Db2 database product-specific fix pack image and the national language fix pack. Then run db2setup from the Db2 database product-specific fix pack image.
About this task
- There are no Db2 database products in the selected installation path, or
- Db2 database products exist in the selected installation path and you want to add more products (at the same fix pack level as the existing products) in the same path.
To install the Db2 database products:
- Log on as root.
- Change to the directory that contains the fix pack image.
- Start the installation by issuing the command:
- If you choose to install InfoSphere® Federation Server products, you will receive a warning message if you issue db2setup from a fix pack image that is at a lower level than the existing Db2 database products. You must apply the appropriate fix pack after the product installation is complete.
- For all other Db2 database products, if
the fix pack image that you are using to add new products is not at the same level as the installed
products in a particular Db2 copy, the
installation attempt will not succeed. For example:
- If the fix pack image is at a lower level than the installed products, the error message that is returned by db2setup will advise you to obtain the right fix pack image.
- If the fix pack image is at a higher level than the installed Db2 database products, the error message that is returned by db2setup will advise you to upgrade the existing products using installFixPack first.