Database and instance operations affected by an online fix pack update in progress
Certain database or instance operations are restricted while an online fix pack update is in progress.
After you install the Db2® version 11.5 release in a Db2 pureScale® environment, all members and CFs have the same code level. The instance is in a homogeneous state.
While an online fix pack update is in progress, members and CFs can have a different code level than the current effective code level. The instance is then in a heterogeneous state.
- You cannot add a member or CF.
- You cannot create a database from a member that has a code level higher than the current effective code level.
- You cannot drop the whole cluster.
- You cannot update the monitor event tables with the EVMON_UPGRADE_TABLES procedure.
- You cannot update the database system catalog with the db2updv115 command.
Use the ENV_GET_INSTANCE_CODE_LEVELS table function to obtain information about the instance, members, or CFs during online fix pack updates.
You can also run the db2pd -ruStatus command to know about the instance state.