Functionality in Db2 product editions and Db2 offerings
All Db2® editions share the same code base. The only technical difference among editions are resource limitations. Applications that are written for any Db2 edition can easily be moved to any other Db2 edition, on any operating system platform that is supported by Db2. This flexibility allows you to learn on one Db2 edition and be immediately productive on any other Db2 edition.
The table lists the features that are available in all three Db2 product editions.
Note: This table is for informational purposes only. For information about entitlement, rights, and obligations, refer to the license agreement for your Db2 product and offering.
Db2 Express-C is currently unavailable. For similar functionality, please use the Db2 Community Edition.
- Federation with Db2 for IBM i and Db2 for z data sources is possible with sufficient entitlement to Db2 Connect.
- Use of Change Data Capture functionality in Db2 11.5 is prohibited except for supporting shadow table functionality within a single Db2 instance to replicate from row-organized tables into column-organized tables. A distinct license of an IBM replication offering is required for all other usage scenarios. To minimize the impact, a specially priced entitlement to CDC technology is available for customers using the CDC entitled by prior versions of Db2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition or Advanced Workgroup Server Edition or Developer Edition. Please contact your account representative or Support to request details.
- While Q-Rep technology is embedded in the Db2 base, there is no license entitlement to this supporting program in 11.5 and future releases. To minimize the impact, a distinct license of an IBM replication offering is required for all usage. A specially priced entitlement to Q-Rep technology is available for customers using the Q-Rep entitled by prior versions of Db2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition or Advanced Workgroup Server Edition or Developer Edition. Please contact your account representative or Support to request details.
- In these editions where the number of virtual processors and instance memory are limited, the size and type of the workload that can be handled by the cluster is also limited. It is recommended to use these editions for non-production purposes only, to explore the technology first. Then, when your evaluation is complete, upgrade to other editions with no limit on cores and memory for production environments.
- This functionality is available only by using the SQL Warehouse tool (SQW).