mon_heap_sz - Database system monitor heap size configuration parameter
- Configuration type
- Database manager
- Applies to
- Database server with local and remote clients
- Database server with local clients
- Partitioned database server with local and remote clients
- Parameter type
- Configurable online
- Default [range]
- 32-bit platforms
- Automatic [0 - 60 000]
- 64-bit platforms
- Automatic [0 - 2 147 483 647]
- Unit of measure
- Pages (4 KB)
- When allocated
- When the database manager is started with the db2start command
- When freed
- When the database manager is stopped with the db2stop command
A value of zero prevents the database manager from collecting database system monitor data.
Recommendation: The amount of memory required for monitoring activity depends on the number of monitoring applications (applications taking snapshots or event monitors), which switches are set, and the level of database activity.
If the configured memory in this heap runs out and no more unreserved memory is available in the instance shared memory region, one of the following events will occur:
- When the first application connects to the database for which this event monitor is defined, an error message is written to the administration notification log.
- If an event monitor being started dynamically using the SET EVENT MONITOR statement fails, an error code is returned to your application.
- If a monitor command or API subroutine fails, an error code is returned to your application.
- If an application needs to send an event monitor record but cannot allocate the record out of monitor heap, the application might be blocked until a record is allocated.