IBM Db2 Migration Service
IBM® Db2 Migration Service is a tool used to migrate data between Db2 databases. Once configured, you can trigger migrations through the browser or a command line client. Db2 Migration Service supports several transfer scenarios.
Important: IBM Db2 Migration Service is a technical preview and should not be used in production systems.
Db2 Migration Service can be downloaded from the Db2 Early Access program.
- The Db2 Migration Service can only work with Db2 Version 10.5 Fix Pack 7 and higher.
- The level of the source database has to be Db2 Version 10.5 or higher.
- The level of the target database has to be Db2 Version 11.5 Mod Pack 5 or higher.
- If users are on a version of Db2 older than Version 11.5, they will not be able to migrate using SSL connections.
Supported migration jobs include:
- Db2 to Db2
- Db2 to Db2 on cloud platforms
- Db2 file to Db2
- Db2 to Db2 file
- Netezza to Db2
- Migration jobs for Db2 to Db2, and Db2 to Db2 on cloud platforms can be run using the browser or the command line client.
- Migration jobs for Db2 file to Db2, Db2 to Db2 file, and Netezza to Db2 can only be run using the command line client.
Currently, the Db2 Migration Service is available on the following operating systems:
- CentOS 7.9
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.9
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.4