Upgrading ADO.NET applications
Upgrading your existing ADO.NET applications to Db2® version 11.5 involves managing the changes between Db2 version 11.5 and previous releases that impact these applications and verifying that these applications function as expected.
Before you begin
- The Data Server Provider for .NET has a far more extensive set of APIs than the OLE DB and ODBC .NET data providers.
- Access to the Db2 database development productivity tools integrated with Visual Studio.
- Use of the Data Server Provider for .NET can bring significant performance improvements.
- Ensure that you have access to a Db2 version 11.5 server, including instances and databases. The Db2 server can be part of a testing environment.
- Ensure that a supported version of the Microsoft .NET Framework software is installed on the Db2 database client computer.
Perform the previous steps in the Upgrading database applications task.
To upgrade your ADO.NET applications to Db2 version 11.5:
- Review the support for the Data Server Provider for .NET and how to program your applications to use the Data Server Provider for .NET and determine what changes to make on your ADO.NET applications.
- Rebuild your ADO.NET applications to use the Data Server Provider for .NET.
What to do next
After upgrading your ADO.NET applications, perform the remaining steps in the Upgrading database applications task.