Plan your Db2 pureScale Feature installation (AIX)
Planning your Db2 pureScale Feature installation consists of writing a plan with all the tasks required before, during, and after the installation of this feature.
- Write a plan with all the tasks and details.
- Perform the prerequisite and preinstallation tasks that you specified in your plan.
- Perform one of the installation methods that you chose in your plan.
- Perform the required post-installation tasks indicated in your plan.
- Perform any of the optional tasks.
- Db2 pureScale Feature,
- Geographically dispersed Db2 pureScale cluster (GDPC), or
- High availability disaster recovery (HADR) in Db2 pureScale environments.
Introduction to a Db2 pureScale environment.
- Hardware support: Network configuration includes a choice of these
- RDMA protocol over InfiniBand (IB) network,
- RDMA protocol over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) network, or
- TCP/IP protocol over Ethernet (TCP/IP) network.
- Associated software
- AIX® version, technology
level, and service pack level
- Installing the Db2 pureScale Feature by using the Db2 Setup wizard requires an X Window System (X11) or Virtual Network Computing (VNC) session to display the graphical user interface (GUI).
- uDAPL is required for an IB or RoCE network
- C++ runtime level
installer automatically installs:
- IBM Spectrum Scale, and
- Tivoli® SA MP.
- AIX® version, technology level, and service pack level
- Platform configuration:
- Hardware and firmware (including cables and switches for an IB or RoCE network)
- SSH must validate access between all hosts
- Disk space that is required for various directories
- The shared disk must have the same PVID configured on all the hosts for the tiebreaker disk and the IBM Spectrum Scale file system.
- A user name and group name (complete with passwords) is required to create the Db2 pureScale instance.
|Meeting the hardware, software and platform configuration prerequisites, and performing configuration preinstallation tasks||
Advanced pre-installation tasks:
|Installation task||Choose one of these installation methods:|
|Performing post-installation tasks||