Db2 integration in Visual Studio
The IBM® Database Add-Ins for Visual Studio component is a collection of IBM database development features that integrate seamlessly into your Visual Studio development environment.
- Colored SQL text for increased readability
- Integration with the Microsoft Visual Studio IntelliSense feature, which provides for intelligent auto-completion while you are typing Db2 scripts
- Open various Db2 development and administration tools.
- Create and manage Db2 projects in the Solution Explorer.
- Access and manage Db2 data connections from the Server Explorer.
- Create and modify Db2 scripts, including scripts to create stored procedures, functions, tables, views, indexes, and triggers.
- Visual Studio 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, and 2012
- The IBM Database Add-Ins for Visual
is included as a separately installable component that can be installed
after IBM data server client product
is installed. Your environment must already have the Microsoft Visual Studio software installed
or installation of the IBM Database Add-Ins for Visual
cannot be completed successfully.Attention: The IBM Database Add-Ins for Visual Studio component is not supported by all editions of Microsoft Visual Studio software. You must ensure that the edition of Microsoft Visual Studio software you are using supports the use of external Add-Ins.Important: Starting in Db2 10.5.0.5, the use of IBM data server products with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is deprecated.
You can download the IBM Database Add-Ins for Visual Studio product for different Db2 versions and fix packs from the Download Db2 Fix Packs by version for Db2 website. .