Checking for Db2 updates
Check for product updates to ensure that you are aware of the available product updates and enhancements for Db2 products.
About this task
Important: The db2updserv utility is discontinued. It is not available to users of Db2 v126.96.36.199 and later versions. Going forward, users will be notified of upcoming releases.
During Db2 product installation, the update service is enabled by default. The update service allows you to stay informed of product updates such as:
- Messages about releases and updates of the Db2 products.
- Availability of technical materials such as tutorials, Web cast, and white papers.
- IBM Marketing activities pertinent to your area of interest.
You can access product updates in any of the following ways:
- Using the command line
- Using First Steps
- On Linux® operating systems, using the Main Menu.
- On Windows operating systems, using the shortcuts in the Start menu.
- This update service requires an Internet connection.
- On Windows operating systems, if the Db2 product was installed without elevated privileges, the update service is disabled.
Access Db2 product updates and enhancements using one of the following ways:
- Using the command line, enter:
- Using First Steps:
- You can start First Steps by typing the db2fs command.
- On Windows operating systems, click Start and, select .
- On Windows operating systems, using the shortcuts in the Start menu, click Start and, select .
- On Linux operating systems, click Main Menu and, select .
With this update service you can view a list of available Db2 product updates, and learn details about Db2 product updates.