Main menu entries for Db2 tools (Linux)
After installation, you can add several Db2 tools to the Main menu.
On Linux® operating systems, the following Db2 tools can be added to the Main menu:
- Check for Db2 Updates
- Command Line Processor (CLP)
- Command Line Processor Plus (CLPPlus)
- First Steps
These Db2 tools can be added to the main menu automatically or manually. Main menu entries are created automatically when any of the following Db2 commands are run:
To see the menu entries you might need to restart the desktop.
The main menu entries are automatically removed when either of the following commands are run:
- db2_deinstall (only removes the menu entries for the Db2 non-root instance when the non-root installation is removed)
In addition, you can manually create or remove main menu entries by running the following commands:
- db2addicons − to add menu entries
- db2rmicons − to remove menu entries.
Before running the db2addicons command, the Db2 instance environment
must be set for the current user. The instance environment can be setup with:
Instance_HOME/sqllib/db2profile (for Bourne shell and Korn shell
Instance_HOME/sqllib/db2chsrc (for C shell users),
where Instance_HOME is the instance owner's home directory.