Additional installation considerations (AIX)
Before you install data server products on AIX® operating systems, ensure that the system you choose meets the necessary operating system, hardware, software, and communications requirements.
For the most up-to-date installation requirements for data server products, see System requirements for IBM® DB2® for Linux®, UNIX, and Windows. This techdoc uses IBM Software Product Compatibility Reports (SPCR). With the SPCR tool, you can locate and find complete lists of supported operating systems, system requirements, prerequisites, and optional supported software for these database products.
- For application development and runtime considerations, see the topics in Supported programming languages and compilers for database application development.
- To download the latest IBM C++ Runtime Environment Components for AIX, see the IBM AIX XL C and C++ support page.
- (Clients only) If you plan to use Kerberos Authentication, you require IBM Network Authentication Service client v1.4 or later.
- Use the bosboot command to switch to the 64-bit kernel.
To switch to a 64-bit kernel, you require root authority and enter the following commands:
ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /unix ln -sf /usr/lib/boot/unix_64 /usr/lib/boot/unix bosboot -a shutdown -Fr
- An X Window System software capable of rendering a graphical user interface is required if you want to use the Db2 Setup wizard to install a data server product on Linux or UNIX operating systems.
- Live Partition Mobility (LPM) is supported in partitioned database environments with multi physical node configurations.
- For details regarding known AIX issues, see www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21165448
For root installations of data server products on UNIX operating systems, do not mount your file system with the nosetuid option.