section_actuals - Section actuals configuration parameter
Section actuals are runtime statistics that are measured during section execution. This parameter enables collection of section actuals such that the statistics can be viewed when an event monitor is subsequently created.
- Configuration type
- Applies to
- Database server with local and remote clients
- Database server with local clients
- Partitioned database server with local and remote clients
- Parameter type
- Configurable online
- Propagation class
- Unit of work boundary
- Default [range]
- NONE [NONE, BASE]
- Upgrade Note
- If you are upgrading from a Db2® Version 9.8 Fix Pack 4 pureScale environment or earlier, the value of section_actuals is set to the value on member 0.
If section_actuals is set to NONE, the collection of section actuals is disabled.
If section_actuals is set to BASE, section actual collection is enabled. The following statistics are collected:
- Basic operator cardinality counts
- Statistics for each object that is referenced during section execution (DML statements only)
After section actuals are enabled, capture section actuals by using an activity event monitor and view them through a section explain that you perform by using the EXPLAIN_FROM_ACTIVITY procedure.