discover - Discovery mode configuration parameter
You can use this parameter to determine what kind of discovery requests, if any, the client can make.
- Configuration type
- Database manager
- Applies to
- Database server with local and remote clients
- Database server with local clients
- Partitioned database server with local and remote clients
- Parameter type
- Default [range]
- SEARCH [DISABLE, KNOWN, SEARCH]
From a client perspective, one of the following occurs:
- If you set discover to SEARCH, the client can issue search discovery requests to find Db2® server systems on the network. Search discovery provides a superset of the functionality provided by KNOWN discovery. If you set discover to SEARCH, both search and known discovery requests can be issued by the client.
- If you set discover to KNOWN, only known discovery requests can be issued from the client. By specifying some connection information for the administration server on a particular system, all the instance and database information on the Db2 system is returned to the client.
- If discover to DISABLE, discovery is disabled at the client.