An overview of installing Db2 database servers (Linux and UNIX)
This topic outlines the steps for installing your Db2 server product on AIX®, and Linux®.
To install your Db2 server product:
- Review your Db2 product prerequisites.
- Review Db2 upgrade information if applicable.
- On all platforms, except for Linux on x86_32, you must install a 64-bit kernel before proceeding with the installation, otherwise the installation will fail.
- Prepare the installation media:
- Product DVD
- If the Db2 product DVD does not automount, mount your Db2 product DVD.
- Installation image
- If you downloaded an installation image, untar the file.
Install your Db2 product using one of
the available methods:
For Db2 servers, you can use the Db2 Setup wizard to perform installation and configuration tasks, such as:
- The Db2 Setup wizard
- A silent installation using a response file
- Payload file deployment
- Selecting Db2 installation type (typical, compact, or custom).
- Selecting Db2 product installation location.
- Install the languages that you can specify later as the default language for the product interface and messages.
- Install or upgrade the IBM® Tivoli® System Automation for Multiplatforms (Linux and AIX).
- Setting up a Db2 instance.
- Setting up the Db2 Text Search server.
- Setting up and configuring your instance setup and configuration (including instance user setup).
- Setting up Informix® data source support.
- Preparing the Db2 tools catalog.
- Creating response files.
- If you installed a Db2 server using a method other than the Db2 Setup wizard, post-installation configuration steps are required.