ForceDescribeBeforeCall IBM data server driver configuration keyword
Determines when stored procedure arguments are described.
- Equivalent CLI keyword
- Equivalent IBM® data server provider for .NET connection string keyword
- IBM data server driver configuration file (db2dsdriver.cfg) syntax
<parameter name="ForceDescribeBeforeCall" value="1 | -1"/>
- Default setting:
- Equivalent connection attribute:
- Usage notes:
- 1 or SQL_DESCRIBE_CALL_BEFORE
- CLI applications always requests describe information from the server, ignoring the binding information that is provided by the application. Setting the ForceDescribeBeforeCall keyword to 1 also sets the AllowDeferredPrepare keyword to 0, which means that describe information is also requested for dynamic SQL statements. Setting the AllowDeferredPrepare keyword to 0 does not set the ForceDescribeBeforeCall keyword to 1.
- -1 or SQL_DESCRIBE_CALL_DEFAULT (default)
- CLI applications do not request describe information from the server and uses the binding information that is provided by the application when it prepares a CALL statement. If the CALL statement fails, the error recovery logic implicitly requests the describe information of input parameters from the server and issues the CALL statement again.