Removing IBM Global Security Kit packages with the SMIT GUI tool
To remove IBM® Global Security Kit (GSKit) packages using the SMIT GUI tool, follow this procedure.
- Invoke SMIT, by entering smit on the command line.
- From the menu, choose Software Installation and Maintenance.
- Select Software Maintenance and Utilities.
- From the Maintenance window select Remove Installed Software to open the Remove Software Product window.
- Enter the name of the installed GSKit SSL software package (for example, GSKit8.gskssl64.ppc.rte).
- Turn the flag for REMOVE dependent software? to YES to instruct the system to automatically remove the GSKit Crypt software package.
- Confirm the procedure to complete the removal of the software package.