Installing IBM Global Security Kit with the SMIT GUI tool
To install IBM® Global Security Kit (GSKit) using the SMIT GUI tool, follow these steps.
The following procedure shows how to install the PPC 64-bit GSKit packages. To install the PPC 32-bit packages, replace the 64-bit packages with the 32-bit equivalent packages in the following steps.
About this task
- From the command line, run inutoc in
the directory containing the GSKit packages. This creates a table of contents needed by SMIT. For example:
- Invoke the SMIT application by entering smit on the command line.
- Choose Software Installation & Maintenance.
- Choose Install Software.
- Select Install and Update Software by Package Name.
- On the device and directory window, specify the directory that contains the installable software.
- Select packages GSKit8.gskcrypt64.ppc.rte and GSKit8.gskssl64.ppc.rte from the Multi-select List.
- Select the file sets of the software package to install.
- Mark the options appropriate to your installation requirements
from the options window. Set the install all prereqs options to yes.
- Confirm to complete the installation.