DISABLE EDM RTS field (DISABLE_EDMRTS subsystem parameter)
The DISABLE_EDMRTS subsystem parameter specifies whether to disable the collection of real-time statistics by the environmental description manager (EDM). By default, EDM collects real-time statistics to track when packages were last used.
|option 29 on panel DSNTIPB
- EDM continues to collect real-time statistics about the last use of packages. This is the recommended value.
- EDM does not collect real-time statistics about the last use of packages. YES might be
appropriate in the following situations:
- You have no need to collect information about the last use of packages.
- The SYSIBM.SYSPACKAGE table is persistently unavailable, which prevents the recording of EDM real-time statistics.
- Deferred externalization of these statistics to the SYSIBM.SYSPACKAGE table causes excessive Db2 shutdown time.
- Collection of these EDM statistics causes performance degradation.
In a data sharing environment, all members should use the same setting for this parameter.