Controlling RRSAF connections
You can start or restart a Resource Recovery Services attachment facility (RRSAF) connection at any time after Resource Recovery Services (RRS) is started.
About this task
If RRSAF is not started, an IDENTIFY request fails with reason code X'00F30091'.
Application programs can use the following RRSAF functions to control connections to Db2:
- Establishes the task (TCB) as a user of the named Db2 subsystem. When the first task within an address space issues a connection request, the address space is initialized as a user of Db2.
- Provides a user ID and, optionally, one or more secondary authorization IDs that are to be associated with the connection. Invokes the sign-on exit routine. Optionally, lets a thread join a global transaction.
- AUTH SIGNON
- Provides a user ID, an access control environment element (ACEE), and, optionally, one or more secondary authorization IDs that are to be associated with the connection. Invokes the sign-on exit routine.
- CREATE THREAD
- Allocates a plan. If you provide a plan name, Db2 allocates
that plan. If you provide a collection name, Db2 allocates
a special plan named ?RRSAF and a package list that contains the collection
After CREATE THREAD completes, Db2 can execute SQL statements.
- TERMINATE THREAD
- Deallocates the plan.
- TERMINATE IDENTIFY
- Removes the task as a user of Db2. If this is the last or only task in the address space with a Db2 connection, the TERMINATE IDENTIFY command terminates the address space connection to Db2.
- Returns an SQL code and printable text, in the SQLCA, that describes a Db2 error reason code.