External routine library and class management
To successfully develop and invoke external routines, external routine library and class files must be deployed and managed properly.
External routine library and class file management can be minimal if care is taken when external routines are first created and library and class files deployed.
The main external routine management considerations are the following:
- Deployment of external routine library and class files
- Security of external routine library and class files
- Resolution of external routine libraries and classes
- Modifications to external routine library and class files
- Backup and restore of external routine library and class files
- Verify all routine libraries are in the sqllib/function directory and that they are in the right library. Choose the member where you want to have the final version of the routine libraries. The library is the same library as the last member where the db2iupdt command was executed.
System administrators, database administrators and database application developers should all take responsibility to ensure that external routine library and class files are secure and correctly preserved during routine development and database administration tasks.