Code page issues for remote XML data
Certain code page issues can affect federated statements.
The federated server adheres to the XML parser encoding rules.
For federated statements, the following issues can occur when manipulating serialized remote XML data:
- For remote XML data that is serialized in binary format:
- When data is sent from the remote client to the federated wrapper, no data loss occurs.
- If an internal encoding exists that is not a valid IBM® encoding scheme, the wrapper either replaces the encoding attribute with a valid IBM encoding scheme or removes the encoding attribute from the XML declaration and the XML parser decodes the value.
- For remote XML data that is serialized in character format:
- The code page of the XML data is in the code page of the federated database. When the data source client sends data to the federated wrapper, data loss is possible. If the conversion results in a character substitution, a warning might be generated depending on the data source behavior and wrapper implementation.
- If an internal encoding exists, the wrapper removes it because the serialized string is in the code page of the federated database.
For nonrelational wrappers, the XML parser decodes XML data using the internal encoding of the document.