Quota enforcement provides precise threshold specification for traffic control, and supports flexible counting for any specific occurrences and counting for concurrent transactions. Administrative control and possible sanctions are imposed on requests when the threshold is exceeded.
ratelimitmodule that defines and manages the following types of keys. Based on your configuration, unique keys and their metadata are persisted on the RAID volume or stored in memory.
- Rate thresholds
Measure the maximum number of resources that are requested during an interval for the specific traffic type.
Count the number of any specific occurrences. Based on your requirements, you can flexibly modify the value of a counter.
- Concurrent transactions
Count the number of concurrent transactions that are simultaneously processed.
- Rate-based thresholds
- Token bucket thresholds
- In standalone mode, thresholds are enforced by the local DataPower® Gateway.
- In peer group mode, thresholds are enforced by a group of DataPower Gateway peers.
The keys and associated metadata are synchronized among the peer group and no single point of failure exists in the peer group.
- Quota enforcement counter metrics
- Quota enforcement concurrent transactions metrics
- Quota enforcement rate-based threshold metrics
- Quota enforcement token bucket threshold metrics