Providing the gateway service to API Connect
You can connect a DataPower® gateway service to IBM® API Connect through the configuration of the API Connect Gateway Service in a DataPower domain.
To run and secure APIs that are developed and managed by API Connect, configure the API Connect Gateway Service.
- Each DataPower domain has the API Connect Gateway Service configuration.
- When you configure and enable the API Connect Gateway Service, a gateway service is created automatically based on the compatibility mode. This gateway service is ready to be connected and managed.
The administrator for the API Connect Cloud Manager registers a gateway service that connects to the DataPower gateway service through a management interface. When the API Connect API Manager successfully connects to the DataPower gateway service, the gateway service starts a process that retrieves the API configuration data from API Connect to convert and store this data as a DataPower service configuration. When changes are made to the configuration data on API Connect, the DataPower Gateway retrieves the updates and refreshes the configuration.
- When V5 compatible, a gateway framework is created that is compatible with API Connect V5.
- When not V5 compatible. an API gateway is created.
- Change the configuration in API Connect API Manager.
- Change the configuration that is defined in the OpenAPI files that API Connect manages.
- Create files that define API Connect gateway extensions that API Connect manages.