SOAR playbooks not available or SOAR automation limited
When Knative Serving is not installed on your Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform cluster before you install QRadar® Suite Software, the output of installation verification shows that the deployment is degraded.
SymptomsInstallation verification shows one of the following messages.
[WARN] IBM Cloud Pak for Security deployment is complete but SOAR Playbooks are not available.
status: conditions: - lastTransitionTime: "<timestamp>" message: SOAR automation functionality will be limited reason: Knative not Deployed status: "True" type: Degraded
CausesKnative Serving is not installed on your Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
Resolving the problem
Install the Red Hat OpenShift Serverless operator.You must have access to a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform account with cluster administrator access.
- Log in to the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform web console.
- In the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform web console, go to .
- Scroll, or type the keyword Serverless into the Filter by keyword box to find the Red Hat OpenShift Serverless operator.
- Review the information about the operator and click Install.
- On the Install Operator page, set the following parameters.
- Set the Installation Mode to All namespaces on the cluster (default). This mode installs the operator in the default openshift-serverless namespace to be available to all namespaces in the cluster.
- Set the Installed Namespace to openshift-serverless.
- Select the stable channel as the Update Channel. The stable channel enables installation of the latest stable release of the Red Hat OpenShift Serverless operator.
- Select Automatic or Manual approval strategy.
- Click Install to make the operator available to the selected namespaces on this Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
- Go to Red Hat OpenShift Serverless operator installation and upgrade progress.
to monitor the
- If you selected a Manual approval strategy, the subscription upgrade remains in the Upgrading state until you review and approve its install plan. After you approve the subscription upgrade on the Install Plan page, the subscription upgrade status moves to Up to date.
- If you selected an Automatic approval strategy, the upgrade status resolves to Up to date without intervention.
- After the subscription upgrade status is Up to date, select to verify that the Red Hat OpenShift Serverless operator eventually shows up, and its Status ultimately resolves to Succeeded in the relevant namespace.
Install Knative Serving on your Red Hat OpenShift console.
- Click the Import YAML icon () on the menu bar.
- On the Import YAML screen, add the following
apiVersion: operator.knative.dev/v1beta1 kind: KnativeServing metadata: name: knative-serving namespace: knative-serving spec: high-availability: replicas: 2
- Click Create.
After you install Knative Serving, the KnativeServing object is created, and you are automatically directed to the knative-serving custom resource. Knative Serving installation is complete if all of the conditions in the Conditions section show True. If the conditions have a status of Unknown or False, wait a few moments, and then check again after you confirm that the resources are created.
- Restart the SOAR operator by typing the following command.
oc delete pod -lname=cp4s-soar-operator