Connecting to an RHACS asset data source
The Red Hat® Advanced Cluster Security (RHACS) Connected Assets and Risk connector can be run in the platform cluster. The connector incrementally synchronizes the contents of the RHACS asset databases with the data that is managed by the Connected Assets and Risk service.
About this task
The RHACS connector is designed to work with RHACS version 3.70.0 by using the Asset Management and VMDR APIs.
RHACS for Kubernetes includes role-based access control (RBAC). Use RBAC to configure roles and grant various levels of access to RHACS for different users. For more information, see Managing RBAC in Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes (https://docs.openshift.com/acs/3.70/operating/manage-user-access/manage-role-based-access-control-3630.html).
- Log in to IBM Security QRadar® Suite Software.
- From the menu, click .
- On the Assets tab, click Connect an asset.
- Click RHACS, then click Next.
- Configure the connection to allow IBM Security QRadar Suite Software to connect to the data source.
- In the Connector name field, assign a name
to uniquely identify the data source connection. Tip: Only alphanumeric characters and the following special characters are allowed: - . _
- In the Connector description field, write a
description to indicate the purpose of the data source connection. Tip: Only alphanumeric characters and the following special characters are allowed: - . _
- In the Edge gateway (optional) field, specify
which IBM® Security Edge Gateway to use.
To use the Edge Gateway to host the containers that are required for communication between the data sources and IBM Security QRadar Suite Software, select an Edge Gateway. The Edge Gateway must be version 1.6 or later. It can take up to 5 minutes to establish the connection to the Edge Gateway.Important: If you have a firewall between your IBM Security QRadar Suite Software cluster and the data source target, use the Edge Gateway to host the containers.
For more information, see Edge Gateway.
- In the Frequency field, set how often the
connector imports data from the data source, in minutes. The value must be an integer.For example, a value of 5 causes the connector to run every 5 minutes.If the data source doesn't have many assets, or you don't want to import data often, reduce the frequency.
- In the Management IP address or Hostname field, enter the RHACS API server URL.
- In the Connector name field, assign a name to uniquely identify the data source connection.
- Click Add a Configuration.
- Configure identity and access.
- Click Edit access and choose which users can connect to the data source and the type of access.
- In the Configuration name field, enter a unique name to describe the access configuration and distinguish it from the other access configurations for this data source connection that you might set up. Only alphanumeric characters and the following special characters are allowed: - . _
- In the Configuration description field, enter a unique description to describe the access configuration and distinguish it from the other access configurations for this data source connection that you might set up. Only alphanumeric characters and the following special characters are allowed: - . _
- In the Token field, enter the API token from the RHACS credentials.
- Click Add.
- To save your configuration and establish the connection, click Done.
- To edit your configurations, complete the following steps:
- On the Assets tab, select the data source connection that you want to edit.
- In the Configurations section, click Edit Configuration ().
- Edit the identity and access parameters and click Save.
The connector imports data from the data source. The connector imports data again at the interval that you set in the Frequency field.
You can see the data source connection configuration that you added under Connections on the Assets tab of the Data source settings page. A message on the card indicates connection with the data source.
You can add other connection configurations for this data source that have different users and different data access permissions.
What to do next
Test the connection by searching for an IP address in IBM Security Data Explorer that matches an asset data source. In Data Explorer, click an IP address to view its associated assets and risk.
To use Data Explorer, you must have data sources that are connected so that the application can run queries and retrieve results across a unified set of data sources. The search results vary depending on the data that is contained in your configured data sources. For more information about how to build a query in Data Explorer, see Build a query.