What's new in IBM Control Desk version 126.96.36.199
New features and capabilities in version 188.8.131.52 of IBM® Control Desk can help your organization achieve greater efficiency.
- Tivoli®'s process automation engine (TPAE) version 184.108.40.206
- This version of IBM Control Desk runs on TPAE version 220.127.116.11
- Language selection option in Service Portal when the SSO (Single Sign-On) is enabled
- In previous releases, when SSO is enabled:
- The user was not able to select different languages for the Service Portal GUI.
- The Service Catalogue in the Service Portal always displays the offerings/services in the default language only.
- During the rating of a Solution in Service Portal, successfully Solution applied count is now stored in the ICD backend
- For the Self Service Center in Service Portal, the following enhancements have
been introduced similar to the functionalities in the Self Service Center of IBM
Control Desk. For more details, see Reporting issues in the Self Service Center.
- When you search solution on the Report issue page and click the searches in virtual assistant, a pop-up will be displayed. A new field Number of times applied has been added on the pop-up page to show the number of times that users have applied solution successfully.
- After you have reviewed the searched solution and clicked the cancel icon, a pop-up
Your Feedback with the following options will be displayed. Click one of the following
buttons next to the text, Does this solution solve your problem?
- Yes — The solution gave you the information you needed and the count for the Number of times applied will increase by 1. The system creates a new service request with the status as RESOLVED.
- No — You were not able to find a solution to your issue. The system closes the pop-up window and the Report issue page is displayed again. You can fill all the details on the Report issue page to creates a new service request with status as NEW or QUEUED (in case you select a specific template from Additional ticket information).
- Not sure — This solution did not give you the information you needed but you would like to search again. The pop-up will be closed and the Report issue page is displayed again.
- Addition of removed features related to the topology diagram
- Previously, in IBM Control Desk 18.104.22.168 release, features related to topology diagram were removed from Configuration Items application and Change application. IBM Control Desk 22.214.171.124 provides enhancements in the topology diagram and re-introduced it in the Configuration Items application and Change application. See Viewing a CI topology for actual configuration items and Viewing an impact analysis topology.
- Deployer's Workbench is upgraded and now support TADDM Simplified Model
- In the previous IBM
126.96.36.199 release, TADDM
Simplified Model was integrated with IBM
Deployer's Workbench is upgraded with security bug fixes in IBM Control Desk 188.8.131.52 and now supports a review of the TADDM Simplified Model in addition to the older Common Data Model. For more details, see Deployer's Workbench.
- Customization, branding, and colors on IBM Control Desk mobile app
- IBM Control Desk 184.108.40.206 provides enhancements in the mobile app so that the administrators can now do several customizations on the mobile app user interface to reflect a corporate brand. See Customizing the Mobile App user interface.
- Replaced UIWebView API with WKWebView API in mobile application
- Apple has deprecated UIWebView and will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView
APIs. For more details and updates, see News and Updates on the Apple website.
IBM Control Desk 220.127.116.11 provides enhancements in the ICD Mobile iOS app version 2.0.2, see Replacing UIWebView with WKWebView in ICD Mobile iOS app.
- Upgrade of Lucene jar from version 2.9.4 to version 8.5.2 that enable Lucene search for additional 8 language
- Lucene search engine is used for full-text search in several IBM
Control Desk application such as Global Search,
Self-Service Center, Service Portal etc. In previous IBM
Control Desk releases, Lucene jar version 2.9.4
is supported that enable Lucene search for 17 language in IBM
IBM Control Desk 18.104.22.168 provides upgraded Lucene jar version 8.5.2 that enable Lucene search for 25 language (additional 8 language compared to older Lucene jar 2.9.4). See Lucene search engine.
- Change the LDAP authentication setting to AZURE AD (Active Directory)
- The user authentication is now supported through Azure AD, for more details see Configuring Service Portal for single sign-on.
- Customer “Best Practices” to containerize ICD over Kubernetes
- IBM Control Desk 22.214.171.124 can be containerized over Kubernetes, see IBM Control Desk containerization over Kubernetes.