Configuring where traps are sent
When an SNMP trap is generated, it is sent to all configured SNMP hosts. You must configure the SNMP hosts in IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor.
About this task
To add an SNMP host:
- Click .
- From the left navigation pane, click SNMP Hosts.
- Click Add Host.
The Add SNMP Host window is displayed.
- Type the following information:
- Host Name–The required IP address or machine name of the SNMP host (that is, the address of the ESM).
- Port–The optional one- to five-digit port number that the SNMP host monitors for SNMP trap messages. The maximum value is 65535. The default value is 162.
- Community–The required 1- to 64-character password to access the SNMP host computer. This field is case-sensitive.
- Click OK.
- Click Add to add another SNMP host, or click OK to close the System Settings window.