Custom Scripts FAQs
- Why am I not able to select the custom script during installer creation or
upgrade deployment job creation?
Custom scripts selection is visible based on the supported CD package version. Check the selected CD package version.
- Why is my new CD server installation failing?
There may be an issue with the pre-install script. Execute it locally on the system where it is supposed to be executed through the installer.
- Why is my CD server upgrade is failing?
There may be an issue in the pre-upgrade script. Execute it locally on the system where it is supposed to be executed through the upgrade package.
- Why does the upgrade job status on Control Center show as failed even if the
Connect:Direct (CD) upgrade is successful, and I have selected a post-upgrade
There may be an issue with the post-upgrade script. It gets executed after a successful CD upgrade and if it fails, the job will fail (although CD will not be rolled back)
- Can I use a script which takes arguments, as a custom script?
Control Center doesn't have a provision to pass on any parameters to custom script when they are being executed as part of a new install or upgrade.