Required settings for DB2 database on z/OS
When you are creating DB2® database on the z/OS® operating system, use the required settings to ensure IBM® Sterling Control Center Monitor can use the database.
Important: Ensure you have the correct database version. For more information, see Detailed System Requirements.
- Create the database with the following settings:
- UNICODE encoding scheme
- 32K Buffer Pool
- 32K Index Buffer Pool
CREATE DATABASE <<SCCPRD>> BUFFERPOOL BP32K INDEXBP BP32K STOGROUP <<SCCSTG>> CCSID UNICODE;
- Ensure that you use the JDBC driver file
db2jcc4.jar and db2jcc_license_ciusuz.jar. The JDBC driver files are in your DB2 server installation location, <<DB2 installation location>>/java.
Ensure that the Workload Manager (WLM) policy is configured and activated.
- Grant the user the following permissions to the database user:
GRANT BINDADD TO <<SCCUSER>>;
- Permission to use the Buffer
GRANT USE OF BUFFERPOOL BP32K TO <<SCCUSER>>;
- Permission to use the Storage
GRANT USE OF STOGROUP <<SCCSTG>> TO <<SCCUSER>>;
- Grant the user the following permissions on the databases (production and reports)
- CREATETAB, CREATETSSample commands:
GRANT CREATETAB ON DATABASE <<SCCPRD>> TO <<SCCUSER>>; GRANT CREATETS ON DATABASE <<SCCPRD>> TO <<SCCUSER>>;
- CREATETAB, CREATETS