Creating a User Proxy Definition
Create a user proxy definition to enable a remote user to access the local Sterling Connect:Direct® server and issue commands and statements.
To create a user proxy definition:
- Go to .
- From the overflow menu icon () above the grid, choose the action Create New .
- Optionally, select one or more Sterling Connect:Direct servers or server groups on which to create the definition. Click Next.
- Take one of these steps:
- To create a user proxy definition by typing all information, select Enter all User Proxy details.
- To create a definition by copying an existing user proxy, select Start from an existing User Proxy entry on another server. Select the server where the definition is located in the Server field and the user proxy to copy in the User Proxy field.
- To create a user proxy definition from an existing template, select Start from a User Proxy template and select the template to copy in the Template entry field.
- Complete the user proxy definition fields. Click Next to move through the definition panels.
- To overwrite entries that exist, select Overwrite object if it already exists on the server.
- If you wish to provide a name and description to job, enter these in the Job Name and Job Description fields respectively.
- Identify when the proxy definition is to be created:
Note: Select Held for later if you are not ready to initiate the User Proxy creation job.
- Now to update the file immediately.
- Held for later to send the job to the job queue with a status of Held.
- Schedule for later and then specify a time zone and date/time when the job is to run. This option sends the job to the job queue with a status of Scheduled.
- Click Submit. Now, to return to original page, click Close. Else, click Configuration Jobs to run the held job or view information about the completed job.